Why do we recommend Google Ads to the majority of our clients?
Because you only pay when someone clicks on your ad. That’s right, if no one clicks, you don’t pay! Besides, Google is now intertwined with the fabric of our society. When we have a question, we search for the answer. When we want entertainment, we search for something to entertain us. When we have a need, we search for someone to provide the solution. The question you have to ask yourself is, why would you not want to be part of the conversation when people are looking for your product/services?
Using Google’s pay-per-click advertising you can:
- Target specific geographic locations where your customer base is located
- Choose keywords and search phrases that are relevant to each category of your business
- Create specific ads that show for a group of keywords to make sure your potential customer is seeing the most relevant information
- Maximize whatever your budget is by easily setting daily spend limits to ensure every penny is spent wisely
- And most importantly, the price you pay for each visit is driven by only your competition, unlike traditional advertising where you compete against everyone
While the premise of a Google campaign is easy, there are a lot of factors that can make one campaign work, and another campaign fail. For example, which keywords lead to favourable actions, like a phone call or form submission. As opposed to keywords that drive lots of traffic, but don’t convert? Do searches from a mobile phone drive more leads over a desktop computer? Are your ads doing a good enough job of driving traffic from the Google page to your website? Are your keywords specific enough, yet also broad enough to maximize your potential audience? What type of budget should you use, and how do you come up with a good one?
If you can your brand get in front of a consumer the moment a purchasing decision is about to be made, you have the greatest chance of having them choose you over one of your competitors. It’s incredibly simple, yet incredibly difficult to achieve. Effective Google campaigns are definitely a critical piece of your advertising mix, and one that should be trusted in the hands of a professional for the best results.